Ensuring the Sustainability of our Towns
Friday, Nov 17, 9:30-12:30PM
One of our four priority areas is Social Finance & Housing, which is currently one of the greatest challenges affecting the sustainability of our towns.
Please review The Welcome Presentation from this event.
New Ways to Finance the Housing Affordability Gap, Afternoon Session
A working lunch session facilitated by Marilyn Struther, in tables organized by community, representatives across all sectors (Government, Development, Philanthropy, Non-Profit, Business, and Residents) worked through the following prompts:
- How will we make the most of what we hear in the morning sessions
- What resonates: what needs more thought and strategy and what feels like “just do it!”?
- What do we need on our landscape to start the process?
- Where are the not to be missed opportunities?
- In a small group process & plenary process, we examined what might be possible and discovered who is keen to pitch in as we continue to learn forward on social finance solutions to our current affordable housing crisis.
We believe that Southern Georgian Bay can meet today’s needs of the planet, its people, and economic vitality…without compromising the needs of future generations.
Please subscribe to the Institute’s newsletter, stay connected, and receive updates on events and collaborative projects by TISGB.