You are invited to participate in this 4-part webinar series.
4:30 PM – 5:30 PM EDT
The next 100 days will be focused on bringing people together for strategic conversations about the impact of the COVID-19 crisis and to generate ideas for how we can take a new approach for shaping our future. The Institute of Southern Georgian Bay and collaborative partners are launching a four-part online discussion series called Mapping Our Road to Recovery.
Part 1: Using Social Innovation to Inspire Regional Resilience
Using Social Innovation to Inspire Regional Resilience features ideas in the recently released Social Innovation Report, aimed at accelerating our recovery, setting a 21st century resilient and sustainable course, and embracing new economies towards 2030.
Speakers representing business, not-for-profit, government, and philanthropic sectors will talk about the state of these sectors in our region pre-crisis, the challenges being faced now, and what we need to be thinking about for our future. This crisis has underscored the reality that our major sectors are interconnected and our economy and wellbeing depend on all the sectors working together. An integrated approach to recovery will provide the most sustainable results.
Social Innovation Report Writer:
Long-time resident of Grey & Bruce who works with emerging practices in the social sector
Director, Marketing and Business Development, Collingwood
CEO, United Way Simcoe Muskoka
CAO, The Blue Mountains
Chair, Meaford Hospital Foundation
*All attendees will discuss report themes and speaker highlights which resonate most, why the ideas are important, and what actions are recommended.
Our thanks to the Design Team
The Institute’s Design Team members are leading our pivot from convening people in-person to online. We want to continue to do what we do best – bring people together to discuss issues of importance in our region. Our thanks goes to:
- Susan Cook, Nancy Griffin, Yvonne Hamlin, Rosalyn Morrison (Institute Board members)
- Jodie Kennedy, Marketing and Communications Manager, Mike Jackson GM
- Andrew Palmer, Project Manager, Greenland International Consulting Ltd.
- June Porter, Chair, Joint Municipal Physician Recruitment and Retention Committee, Southern Georgian Bay.
- Liz Rykert is a systems change facilitator working on complex problems.
- Jeff Shearer, Publisher, On the Bay Magazine and GM, The New Classical 102.9FM
- Marilyn Struthers is a long-time resident of Grey & Bruce who works with emerging practices in the social sector as a facilitator, researcher, funder, and organizational development coach. She wrote our Social Innovation Report.