Gathering businesses, nonprofits, government, and philanthropic leaders to explore how together we build our Local Sustainable Economies
About this event
Local Sustainable Economies
6-part regional online discussion series launching June 1, 2022
We believe that Southern Georgian Bay can meet today’s needs of the planet, its people, and economic vitality…without compromising the needs of future generations.
Local Sustainable Economies: Key Elements for Ensuring Sustainable Economies
Opportunity: Gather businesses, nonprofits, government, and philanthropic leaders and build on the Institute’s 2021 programming and input from over 400 participants. Integrate the knowledge being shared in the UN Habitat in Towns: Collingwood World Summit held in 2020 and 2021, and work together to create integrated, resilient, and equitable transformations towards sustainability.
The Local Sustainable Economies series will explore:
– key elements of successful local economies,
– how they can contribute to a more resilient, inclusive, safe, and sustainable region, and
– how best to work together on strategies, collaborative projects, and measure our success.
Launch event – Key Elements to Build Sustainable Communities
Wednesday, June 1, 4:30-6pm
Chief Administration Officers from across the Region will discuss:
– key elements that make communities sustainable
– the connections between issues like housing and our labour force
– the work still to be done to secure a resilient future
– updates on Official Plans, Zoning, Community Sustainability Plans, and Community Improvement Plans
Rob Armstrong, CAO, Meaford
Shawn Everitt, CAO, The Blue Mountains
Sonya Skinner, CAO, Collingwood
George Vadeboncoeur, CAO, Wasaga Beach
John Ferguson, CAO, Clearview
We hope that you can join this important discussion and participate in the question and answer period and on the chat.
If not now, when? Let’s create collaborative solutions to our housing and environmental challenges and begin connecting innovative towns and districts to accelerate progress!
Please subscribe to the Institute’s newsletter, stay connected, and receive updates on events and collaborative projects at www.tisgb.com